1. We have Wes’s first parent/teacher conference Wednesday.
2. We had a great vacation 2 weeks ago and are finally back into our normal routines. This reminds me that I need to mail off some pictures to GGma that I had printed.
3. I have been doing a training schedule for a 10k and yesterday, 2.5 miles into my suppose-to-be-3.5m run, I stepped off the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. 😦 Thankfully, I had my phone so I could call Steve. He and Wes sprung into action and came to pick me up. I’m still hobbling around today so my ‘free time’ while Wes is at preschool is being used to ice and elevate my foot. So much for being productive!
4. Wes is already talking about his birthday, that he knows is in December. I have a feeling once December 1 hits it’s going to be very confusing to him. He has lots of ideas of what he wants. I didn’t realize that started so early. Guess I should get around to updating his Amazon list!
Here are a few pictures from yesterday’s KU game.
Steve finished off Wes’s swing set by putting in a ‘deck’ for him. The directions said you could fill the space underneath with sand, but we’re not sandbox fans do this works a lot better.
Don’t mind his too small 2T pajamas (he’s more of a 4T these days) he won’t give them up because they’re his only Thomas ones.
Also putting up a couple random pictures.
1. Playing dress up- today we bought a cape and mask. He has construction and fireman helmets, his pirate costume, and random other stuff.
2. Books- picture is a few of his favorite library books (I’ve updated his Amazon list with ones he’d like).
3. Water- such a water baby! Today we had playtime at a park has a (chlorinated) play stream for kids, right next to a sand pit and playground.
4. Musical instruments- lots of playing his guitar and drum recently.
5. Anything related to the movies “Cars” and “Cars 2”. It’s quite the obsession!
I need to go through his toys and weed out some of the ‘baby’ ones. I think he’s getting bored, especially with all our indoor time due to the constant 100 degree weather we’ve been having.
Also- he starts preschool in 1 month! I got him a red (his choice) LL Bean backpack and a few new clothing items as he is growing out of his 3T clothes!