1. Playing dress up- today we bought a cape and mask. He has construction and fireman helmets, his pirate costume, and random other stuff.
2. Books- picture is a few of his favorite library books (I’ve updated his Amazon list with ones he’d like).
3. Water- such a water baby! Today we had playtime at a park has a (chlorinated) play stream for kids, right next to a sand pit and playground.
4. Musical instruments- lots of playing his guitar and drum recently.
5. Anything related to the movies “Cars” and “Cars 2”. It’s quite the obsession!
I need to go through his toys and weed out some of the ‘baby’ ones. I think he’s getting bored, especially with all our indoor time due to the constant 100 degree weather we’ve been having.
Also- he starts preschool in 1 month! I got him a red (his choice) LL Bean backpack and a few new clothing items as he is growing out of his 3T clothes!
Here’s Wonderscope’s website: http://www.wonderscope.org/ It’s a wonderful museum full of hands-on activities for children. I bought a year membership when it was on Groupon or another one of those daily-deal sites, it would normally be $18 for us to go and I got a pass for our family of 3 for $40 for the year. It will definitely be used a lot during the winter!
Wes’s favorite room (for now):
A new activity- Builder Boards:
This is an airway where you can change the path and make scarves shoot out:
Wes the artist- look at that long curly-ish hair! 🙂 :
Dr. Wes, there is a little clipboard telling about the responsibilities of a doctor and he calls it a ‘catalog’.
Wes was singing “Wheels” from a ‘Sid the Science Kid’ episode.
Weight- 36.6lb this morning
He’s a running, juking, climbing machine- so, a normal kid!
– Cars 2
– Talking, he’s a chatterbox!
– Reading, going to the library
– playing with his MegaBlocks and Hot Wheels
He doesn’t like:
– sitting still
– sleeping past 5:30