Wes started pointing last weekend and thinks it’s the greatest thing ever. I looks more like he’s making gang signs, not really pointing out his pointer finger. He can point out me, Steve, and Quinn when asked. He mostly likes to point at Quinn. 🙂
Speaking of Quinn and Wes, he has been harassing her the past couple days he finds it funny when she runs away from him. He also loves her rawhides (ewwwwwww) and food bowls.
Crazy kid. Pictures this weekend, I’m on Steve’s computer and it takes longer to get pictures on here.
1. First my laptop battery died, now my power cord is dead. I’m without a computer (using Steve’s currently) until my new cord comes in the mail. It’s harder to use Steve’s desktop because Wes gets into everything- mainly, he goes after the surge protector. Not good.
2. We went to a local playgym for a meet up today- lots of kids, lots of fun!
3. Since we were in the area, I decided to call the pediatrician about a rash Wes has on his thigh by his diaper area. They had me come in and apparently it’s a burn caused by the soap building up in the diapers (we use cloth diapers). They’re on their 2nd wash/rinse cycle right now. I’m going to email the store I get my detergent from- it’s made for cloth dipes- and see if they can help me figure out what the issue is. For now, he’s in disposables and we’re putting polysporin on it.
4. Less than 4 days until his birthday- CRAZY!
5. Tomorrow I’m taking Wes to see an eye doctor through the InfantSEE program. You can get a free eye exam for a child under age 1. I just learned about it and Wes just made the cut-off! I have horrible vision and hope Wes doesn’t end up in glasses like me.
EDIT: 1. New cord on Thursday. 2. No more playgroups for the week. 3. The mark is clearing up. Hopefully the diapers are nice and detergent free now. 4. Under 3 days!! 5. His eyes are great and he doesn’t have to go back until he’s 3!
New alphabet blocks from Uncle Rob & Aunt Cera-
Bubble bath toy from Gram Clifton & Aunt Stacie-
Pupperoni for Quinn, but Wes wanted some too-
Steve’s gift from his parents-
My gift from Steve’s parents…already used it to make breakfast & lunch ❤ it! –
Wes’s gift from Grandpa & Grandma Perry-
He LOVES it-
No snow, just morning frost-
Puzzles from us-
Smart Trike from us…we interrupted his snack to try it out-
Well, I ended up sick today. Just a horrible headache and sinus issues. Steve took the day off to care for Wes, which was a nice help. Luckily, Wes was feeling better today (no more fever) and was pretty pleasant.
The countdown is on to Wes’s birthday: 14 days to go. I’m getting incredibly sad but happy. I definitely love the stage of development he is currently in, he’s still my cuddle bug, but he’s walking around, being silly, and just more interactive than back in the infant stage.
Sick/Pajama day…watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Quinn:
This is him with a 102+ temp, and Steve wonders why I’m exhausted when he gets home:
Wesley woke up at 4am with his first fever- 101.4
He had some ibuprofen and a diaper change, then slept until a bit after 6. I however was out of bed at 4:30 because I couldn’t fall back asleep. Wesley, Quinn, and Steve got some cuddle time alone and I got some quiet coffee time. 🙂
Here are a couple pics of my ‘hippie’ (Steve’s describer) baby in his new diaper and amber necklace.
edit: At 1:30pm his fever was 102.6, the ibuprofen seems to be what keeps it it down. If I don’t give it to him it shoots right back up. I hate medicating him so much, but seems to be what he needs.
Days seemed long, but the week as a whole seemed to go quickly…odd.
Wes still has a runny nose, but I think he just has my cold weather constant leaky nose, poor kid.
I’m searching for Christmas jammies for him, but can’t find 18 or 24 month size anywhere, they were sold out at Target and Carters. May try Walmart next week (no way I’m going over the weekend- toooooo crowded).
We have a play group today at a kids’ gym. Should be fun, too bad Wes won’t nap this morning so who knows how long he’ll last. It’s only a short (under 10min) drive, so even if he gets cranky it won’t be horrible getting home. We were suppose to meet up at 9…850 he decided he wanted milk and a nap.
In non-Wes news- Steve got a small promotion at work. We’re very proud of him. 🙂
And for pictures…his newest thing is throwing himself on the floor and doing a *snow angel* on his belly.